Monday, February 25, 2008

Great Movie

Margi and I went to see the movie 'The Bucket List'. I would recommend it for adults and older teens. I was struck on how Morgan Freeman's character lived life serving his family and how that his life lived well is more significant than he could possibly know. That is true for you and me as well. How we live in the day to day, the acts of sacrifice for our children or spouse, the acts of kindness toward others, cuts a much large swath through life than we perceive. Maybe it is my age, but I have wondered have I done enough. I have such big dreams, so many things that I would love to do for the kingdom. Yet I have great joy in my life, my wife and children, and the life we share in serving God. It is enough. Apostle Paul would write "contentment with godliness is great gain." Let us live life well, today in the small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment