Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Heroes

One of my heroes in the faith is Terry Virgo who leads Newfrontiers, His passion for the Word, his love for people and the commitment to living in the Spirit always inspires me. I am struck on how he can work with people of different perspectives, be true to his convictions and truly honor them. There is a genuine humility that is very evident in his life. I believe that is a mark of a true leader. I was reading Terry's blog (check it out) and was stirred by a testimony of healing that is a foot note in his blog, He tells the story, "While at Rhiwbina I had the joy of praying for Maggie Parker, who had been wheelchair-bound for 23 years. She stood, walked unaided to the front and testified to an astonished and tearful congregation how Jesus had completely healed her, and then expressed her surprise that everybody seemed so short! That was pretty exciting too!"

I want to approach life with that same humility and faith, to be a bridge builder and an encourager. To pray for people with the same child like faith, trusting God for the result.

I believe it starts with a deep revelation on how far we were from God before He broke into our lives. From that reality profound gratitude should propel us into humble obedience to the one who redeemed us. The immediacy of Christ by the Holy Spirit should captivate us. It should be reflected in our worship, our relationships, and every area of our lives.

With this perspective we can carry on with passion and confidence, knowing that God sees us in all our weakness and humanity and yet has chosen to work through us.

1 comment:

  1. gary lewis told me about your web site. Didn't know you were a New Frontiers Church -a great group. That must mean you come to the UK and I hope you look Harry and Sandy and us up sometime.

    Alex and Renie

    ReplyDelete